Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My new best friend


I have been praying a long time for a friend. Marilyn Monroe says she'll be my new best friend. She has a lot of drama in her life too so she understands me. She has been planning lots of social events for our common ground Sunday School class. She encouraged me to try and have a game night at church even though not many folks showed up - several were out of town.
We also sing in choir together. One of my new year's resolutions! Marilyn is a great cook and teaches cooking lessons. She makes a lot of the church's Wed night dinners. She has invited us over 2 Friday nights to eat and hang out. She loves kids and doesn't mind making mac & cheese and plain rice for us. I have more pictures on my phone - she set a lovely table this weekend with rose china and rose colored glasses. The first time we had an informal dinner with chili. This time she made fried rice and teriyaki chicken. We eat lots of chocolate too. We made brownies and turned them into awesome brownie sundaes. Taking life one day at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home