Saturday, June 26, 2010

More birthdays!













My friend Laura invited us over for her kids' birthday party on Wednesday. She has a huge backyard. There was an awesome cake with animals ordered from Round Rock Donuts. Sparkles the clown was there to entertain us. She painted all their faces; Jamie got a swan, Ella was a princess, several girls got rainbow butterflies, the boys got dragons and Anne got a butterfly stamped on her arm. Sparkles did a magic show and made balloon animals; Jamie requested a unicorn. There were 2 other older girls there; one was the sister to the clown. We talked about how much fun it would be to have a clown family business. While there a lady asked how I knew Laura, and I said we met through Moms in Touch. There is a group of ladies whose kids are going into kindergarten that would like to pray with her. We are excited. I am still praying for another mom to pray with me for the middle school. It's going to be hard to find time when I'm working full-time and going to night school. But God will help me to find a way! Another good friend of Laura's whom she has known for 25 years was there with her kids and served the food and cake and helped with pictures. She was a real blessing. Made me remember my old friends back home. The afternoon ended with a huge water balloon fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home