Saturday, January 09, 2010

Dogs

The dogs had a birthday in October and the vet sent us a reminder to bring them in for a checkup. It has been busy with the kids being sick and the holidays. Anyway, every Friday I ask James if he can take them in. The first Friday in January he said yes let me do it now. Nick has a bad ear infection and it will cost a lot of $ to get his ears fixed. They refused to give him his rabies shot saying it would make the infection worse. James came home and said we cannot afford to keep taking care of the dogs and we don't have time to play with them working opposite shifts and taking care of the kids. We have been trying to come to an agreement about what to do for months now. He suggested taking them to the humane society. I asked him to please wait and let Jamie say goodbye at least. I called my sisters who texted my nieces and they picked up the dogs last night. It will be a difficult transition but for now the dogs will be inside and loved - not alone. Hope to get a 2nd opinion about Nick's ears at the girls' vet on Monday. I am sad but hopeful. I feel completely drained physically - never enough sleep, emotionally upset - too much grief, etc. I am praying this year will be different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home