Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year hair do


I was so sick thru the entire weekend - I missed the New Year! Poor Jamie did her best to watch movies with me curled up on the couch with a bowl handy. Her dad had to work so he taught her how to play solitaire and now she is addicted. We have been staying up later than usual and sleeping in until 8:30 - 9 am every day that it was really hard to get up this morning for school but we did it! Miracles do happen!

The day after Christmas, on James' one day off, I ran to the mall to get my bangs trimmed. The lady must have been bored as she began to "trim" my whole head and took "years" off my life as she put it. ha ha I haven't had my hair this short since my senior year in high school. Oh well - easy to take care of! Wash and go - just like I like it. Every person I walked by today did a double take and said "wow look at your hair". Noone noticed me coughing my head off.

James signed up for the family Y membership today. If I ever get thru this sickness fog, maybe we'll go swimming - the real goal! Tomorrow I'm taking mom to the dr's for a quick check before her next eye surgery on Thursday, Jan 4th. Extra prayer please! Lori offered to come and help again. It's hard to balance it all but the Lord will help me survive this year one day at a time - just like the others. I have no great goals this year - just survival! I'm cutting back on everything I can. I'm not signing up for any new classes or adventures which is a first for me! Things are changing at our church and I'm not sure what the year will bring.

1 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Gidget said...

I'm praying for your mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home